When Amarsaikhan Baljinnyam played Netflix’s Marco Polo series, he officially heralded a new international era for Mongolian thespians. We don’t know the heights our actors and actresses will reach, but we have high hopes. As an example, this is how they would look if they tackled some of the iconic roles.
9. S.Lkhagvasuren as Forrest Gump in Forrest Gump
8. B.Amarsaikhan as Agent 47 in Hitman
7. D.Tuvshintur “Toodoo” as Peter Parker in Spiderman
6. S.Bolor-Erdene as Owen Grady in Jurassic World
5. Ts.Tserenbold (Aragorn), G.Erdenebileg (Legolas), D.Sosorbaram (Gandalf), A.Unurjargal “Oosko” (Frodo) and N.Tsolmonbayar “Tsomo” (Sam) in Lord of the Rings trilogy
4. B.Navchaa as Annie Wilkes in Misery
3. B.Jargalsaikhan as Bryan Mills in Taken
2. Ch.Undral (Scarlet Witch), B.Amarkhuu (Quicksilver), N.Yalalt (Thor), G.Erdenebileg (Iron Man), B.Battumur (Hulk), D.Bold (Captain America), B.Bayarmaa (Black Widow) and Ch.Bold (Hawkeye) in Avengers: Age of Ultron
1. G.Erkhembayar as Shrek in Shrek
Agree with our portrayals? Who would you have play in what movies? Let us know in the comments section.
SoWhyMongolia is an online magazine that explains Mongolian culture with humor. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.